Wednesday, October 2, 2013

College years BYU-Idaho Part 2

haha, it's been a while.  Thanks Ashley for reminding me :).

Well, BYU-Idaho was more than I could hope for.  Great roommates, challenging, BUT interesting classes, good looking guys!  I was having fun!

I became known in our apartment as the one who fell asleep studying.  Seriously, my roommates would often come home to me asleep in my books.  I can't complain too much though.  I got straight A's that year taking some of the 'hardest' classes (or so I was told)

My roommates where quiet literally the best.  I might have said this before but we really had no qualms with each other.  We had fun, respected each other, helped each other through break ups, burnt dinners (one night of failed fettuccine Alfredo comes to mind), and comedic needs.  I was introduced to Moulon Rouge and Muppets from Space, in that apartment.  I loved our ward, I loved the school.  I feel truly blessed by my time there.

Ooh, boys boys boys.  It started pretty early (within the first week) with an RM.  Oh, he was cute and fun and sweet and Canadian (you'll see I seem to have a thing for those guys up North).  Timing wasn't so great, however.  He was an RM (returned missionary), I was a fresh high school graduate who had NEVER had a boyfriend in my life and the thought of dating someone who was very much looking for marriage was too much.

Let's get this right out there in the open... there's a LOT of things about dealing with boys that I wish I'd done differently.  I was inexperienced, afraid of hurting people's feelings, and frankly a wuss.  Seriously, in high school, my subconscious motto was- "once they show interest, run the other way".  However, since they are in the past, I can't really change them now.  SO that relationship ended before it really began and I lost a good friend in the process.

There was another guy later in the year, but that ended and sadly his friend, who I'd also liked for forever was just content with that, staying friends.  He was/is a good friend though.  He lived in Arizona and he came to brighten my day when I was down there for my Grandmother's funeral.

As far as studies, I started out wanting to go into pharmacy (my mom's idea), but a nutrition course along with my Anatomy and Physiology class got me interested in dietetics.  I LOVE how cool the human body is and how foods can help or harm the body.

The first year was cold and snowy.  We LOVED it.  We'd jump out our front door into the snow banks of the common area.  We went tubing in Kelly's Canyon.  We sled down the intermural fields and the roads.  Yes we had to deal with the red rock that was laid down to help with traction that also stained our pant legs, but it was great fun.  Oh, I'm nostalgic so I better leave off here.  Next time, BYU -Idaho Year two!

No comments: