Friday, October 4, 2013

College Years BYU-Idaho Part 3

I figured I should just hammer out the rest of my BYU-Idaho attendance.

My second year, I was so excited to go back except for the cold.  I told myself the snow sports would make it all worth it though.  Yeah, joke on me.  It was cold all right, but it didn't snow at all (from what I remember).

Only one roommate from the year before stayed, but the others I knew from church or were siblings of roommates.  It was a good year.  Yes all of my roommates had boyfriends except me, but honestly, it was awesome!  I liked all the guys and I never felt like a ...9th wheel.  I remember once I spent the weekend with two of my roommates (they were sisters) and their boyfriends all day and I had no qualms.  I hope they felt the same... they were the ones who invited me so it's their own fault :)

One of my roommates was on the BYU-I ballroom dance team, so there were a lot of fun dance activities we did.  I was also taking social dance myself.  It was a ball (pun completely intended)!!

In answer to many prayers I got a job as a TA/secretary for my Human Anatomy and Physiology professor,  Bro. Wray.  He was awesome!  I loved that job.

My Grandma past away suddenly the my second to last day of finals, right before Christmas.  It was a good thing my last final was Book of Mormon, because I was a mess all that day.  I'm a mess now, just writing about it.

The things I loved most about BYU-Idaho?  I liked that one of the generals courses was an arts credit that required you to attend so many concerts/plays/ whatever during the semester.  So there were some really cool activities for really cheap.

I liked going to a religious school.  It's not very often that you can talk about God and science in a learning environment and I ate that up.

I loved that the professors made themselves available.  Sometimes I think I got an A in physics just because the professor KNEW that I was trying my darndest to understand the concepts.

I loved the gardens (Although NEVER let a boy take you to the gardens... it's the make out spot).

I loved my classes.  Favorites were biology, human anat and phys, nutrition, and Shakespeare.  YES Shakespeare. I LOVED that class.  It was like the most awesome yet challenging book club ever.  I was really nervous about it too because it was a 300 level course and I was only a freshman.

Okay... so there wasn't much I didn't like about BYU-Idaho.

Stay tuned because now we're headed south to the main BYU campus where things heat up when I meet a mysteriously endearing young man from up North.

No comments: