Monday, August 5, 2013

Dreams

The first time I remember hearing Hungarian Rhapsody No.2 by Franz Liszt was in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit".  Needless to say, the music as well as the scene left quite an impression.  I have dreams (or delusions) of being able to play that piece.  I bought the music for it a few years ago and have slowly been working on it, not with a lot of regularity.  Anyway, I think it's important to listen to a piece actually performed so I can hear how they handle parts that are difficult for me and the general attitude of the song.  In my search I found the following performance by Adam Gyorgy.  Wow! Was I blown away!  He makes it look so effortless and It sounds a whole lot more joyful than the piano battle put on by Donald and Daffy.  It makes me want to find a piano teacher who specializes in that period and place of music to help me learn it.  Well, I know it's a long piece, but enjoy.




2 comments:

Jenny Ann said...

Good luck!
When I first listened to it I was like... pshhh, she is underestimating her ability, but then it got a little further in... and well. Good luck! I hope you achieve your dream. Make a goal and keep it.

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

Man, it doesn't even look like he's playing, it's like his hands are just floating above the keys and they are playing. He's amazing!!!!