Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Busy, Lazy, Distracted

Ah, my poor blog is taking a back seat these days.  It probably shouldn't.  I got a new photo editing program for Christmas.  There are so many cool things I can do, BUT I'm a little overwhelmed by information.  So I haven't really been editing my photos like before which means I don't have photos to post which makes me less likely to want to post.  So I'll chalk that up to my laziness in learning something new.

I've been reading, WOW have I been reading!  I'm obsessed with free kindle books.  Granted I'm still only 50% through the Three Musketeers after over a month (It's good, but I get frustrated with the lack of street smarts and basic common sense when it comes to the use of money in these fictional heroes.  I guess it's good they have some flaws though.). I got distracted by the Hush Hush series which I absolutely loved.  A good fun read with a lot more plot than Twilight, let me tell you.  So I've been distracted.

This last month, I went to an art social event.  I LOVED it!  I've loved art sense I was young, but haven't done much in it since high school.  So when my sis-in-law opened my eyes to the awesome possibility of art socials, I was in great anticipation.  I and an old pal from DC went to paint a version of Monet's Water Lilies in San Francisco.  It was every bit as fun as I imagined.  I was worried I had psyched myself up about it to the point where the reality would be woefully disappointing.

Two days later I spontaneously went to Utah during Eli's spring break and the week after.  It was full of relaxation, visiting with family, babysitting (not my kids... I know that's not babysitting), seeing my sweet niece baptized, a trip to the children's museum, eating at awesome restaurants I miss in California, getting very much house hungry seeing my sisters' new houses (VERY nice), and watching Duck Dynasty which I think is hilarious!  I came home to get things and people back into a routine, cleaning up after kids, and enjoying an anniversary with my sweet and hardworking husband.  SO I've been busy.  Life is good, I love my family, and I'm hoping to be more comfortable with my photo editing soon so I will post more pics.

3 comments:

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

I wondered where you went...figured you were on some type of hiatus! Thank goodness for Facebook so I can at least have one source of knowing what's going on in your life :). Sounds like you're keeping busy! I miss you! Hope all is well my friend!

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brittany & Garrett Best said...

It was SO good to see you and your kiddos!!! Miss you guys!