Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Unintentional Hiatus'

Sometimes life throws things at us.  Sometimes they are big things, sometimes small that force us to take hiatus' from things we usually do.  This blog, for example.  I just haven't really thought about it for over a month.  Not even to read my friends' and family's blogs.  I like to keep in touch, but things were either to stressed, too emotional, too chaotic, etc.  So, what has my so called life, forced me to take a Hiatus from?

- cleaning:  Honestly, unless I'm forced into it (by having no clean dishes, no clean underwear, or I'm having 7 toddlers coming over to learn about the weather) the general upkeep of our home is basically nil.  Gross, I know, but that's how it's been.  It's getting better because I have a goal to have the apartment spring cleaned by April 1st (in time for the county's large garbage pick-up day).

- Budget:  I have a purse full of receipts that are on the verge of overflowing.  I haven't transferred money to savings and I BARELY remembered to pay our bills on February first... well half of them...I better do that right now

PAUSE

- Menu planning and grocery shopping.  I blame Eli for this.  That kid hates shopping so I can't take him (it's THAT bad).  Then I usually fall asleep with Anna at night and wake up in time to go shopping but pretty groggy so I just want to go straight back to bed.  The lack of menu planning is nice for the dishes because we'll usually end up eating out, but bad on the budget.

Ah, life that is life.  hopefully some semblance of normal will re-emerge soon, but until then, I'll bob along in my donut float eating mac and cheese.

3 comments:

Jenny Ann said...

If it makes you feel any better.... I just started trying to clean. It sucks and is hard. AND, there are times that the bathrooms and floors have gone well say 3-5 months without being cleaned. So focus on what is important.
Plus- I know you have been busy looking at articles for Jared- so that can be a great excuse, and if Jared hasn't said anything thus far I will say 'thank you' for helping him with that.
Menu planning is hard I've been trying it, and I've found it is helpful in actually getting food on the table, but I have yet to master the whole 'Feed a family of 5 on 50$ a month' thing. And now when we don't eat whatever is planned for that night I have it sitting waiting, in the pantry. You could just say my food storage is growing...
I think you are doing just fine. You have 2 kiddos that keep you busy and a husband to top it off - we know they are hard to take care of.

Lynsie said...

Geez! I haven't talked to you in ages. We definitely need to talk because I feel like I do not know WHAT you are doing these days. Love you, sis!

Debbie said...

you are so funny, that last line made me laugh out loud. you are not alone in having priorities! and cleaning is not the top. sorry life is stressful. you can make it!