Wednesday, June 19, 2013

One of those embarrassing things

Last night was the Relief Society garden party.  The meal was a pot luck of salads.  I made this fabulous salad with a conglomerate of chicken, cheese and fruit.  Only it WASN'T fabulous!  I took one bite, at the party, and it literally tasted like dirt!  How embarrassing.  The thing is, the lettuce was washed, I washed the apples, the craisins were dried, the cheese shouldn't have dirt in it anyway.  The only thing I can think of is that dirt had somehow gotten in between the layers of the onion.  Anyway, super embarrassing and sad because there was all this left over salad that should have been eaten instead of thrown out.  Anyway, not one of my best days.

I guess I have been on a foul food streak.  Every time I have to cook for someone else, it doesn't turn out well.  Hopefully I'll come out of this funk soon... however, come to think of it, it's been going on for more than a year now.   Maybe it's just life for me know.  Good thing I've discovered the meal that I can't really destroy - crock pot pulled pork sandwiches with corn on the cob, some kind of fruit and a cold vegetable.  So if you ever get a meal from me, that's what it will be... I can almost guarantee it... until I have a 2nd rush of bad luck and actually burn something in the crock pot AGAIN.

No comments: